Chocolate Laced: I'm A Thriftaholic!

by - Sunday, August 14, 2011


This week has been the perfect definition and display of my thriftaholic ways. In the past six days, I went thrift shopping twice, Monday and today. I bought 22 items at about $6.05 each, making my grand total $133.19! I'm too excited for words, so here are pictures! I went to Goodwill on Monday and Plato's Closet and Clothes Mentor today. Best shopping trips ever!

So, first I did Goodwill on Monday. I arrived at the store 45 minutes before closing and I was worried that I wouldn't have enough time to find pieces that I loved. Boy, was I wrong (and glad)!

Here are my Goodwill finds:

loose fitting box top, H&M sweater, Calvin Klein dress,
Gap cardigan, wool skirt, striped tie


striped Xhilaration maxi dress, checkered sheath dress*, F21 wrap dress*

*I plan on getting the sheath dress tailored to hit right above my knee. The same for the wrap dress.

Total: $55.55

Here are my Plato's Closet & Clothes Mentor finds:

striped Gap cardigan, taupe F21 blouse, tan F21 military vest/dress
Poppie crossbody bag, black structured clutch, striped MinkPink top, buffalo plaid light jacket


plaid swing jacket, rust Worthington blouse, striped H&M dress, floral AE blouse, floral H&M blouse

Total: $77.64

The tan military jacket was the last item the lady rang up. It was originally labelled $12, but the label had a star on it, which initially meant nothing to me. When she told me that the star meant I got the item for a DOLLAR, I almost went back on the sales floor to buy another $11 worth of stuff that I just saved! I decided to tame my thriftaholism at that point. Haha.
Meet Virginia Design


You May Also Like

0 comments