Chocolate Laced: 21 Day Challenge - Combining Days 7 & 8

by - Tuesday, August 23, 2011


Yesterday, I was unable to take pictures of my outfit because of the rain. Boo! So, what I decided to do today was, instead of put on yesterday's outfit and take pictures, combine the challenges for yesterday and today! Innovative? I think so? Against the rules? Not quite sure...

Day 7: Layered accessories add texture and interest. It's great for many outfits but particularly useful on plain-Jane jeans and tee days.
Day 8: For Monday, I want you to mix fancy and casual. Wear diamonds with your jeans. Wear a glittery skirt or dress with a casual shirt or vice versa.

I mixed fancy with casual by wearing my structured blazer with jeans. Simple, I know. I was in a rush to get to work and I didn't put much thought into this outfit. I still like it though!

What I'm Wearing
Earrings: Forever 21 (3 for $6)
Necklaces: Forever 21 ($2 & my sister's closet)
Blazer: H&M ($10 thrifted)
Long Sleeved Dolman Shirt: A'gaci ($3)
Bracelets and Watch: gift (my Mom's collection)
SQIN Jeans: H&M (3 for $10, eBay)
Belt: eBay (5 for $10)
Sandals: Payless ($13)
TOTAL: $25

For layering accesories, I wore two simple necklaces, one longer than the other, and on my wrist I wore three simple gold chain bracelets and a gold watch that my mother gave me. I hoped that simple jewelry would also add some more "fancy" to my outfit. Do I look causally fancy? Or fancifully casual?

Now that I'm all caught up, a few orders of business that I'd like to discuss. First, I simplified my layout! It took me a while, but I'm glad I finished it in one day (and in one piece!) My poll ends in three days! It's on the bottom of the left sidebar! Please vote! Finally, I've added several new things to my blog. Feel free to check them out! Thanks to all my new readers and followers! I appreciate you all!

You May Also Like

0 comments