Chocolate Laced: 21 Day Challenge - Day 5 - Belt It

by - Friday, August 19, 2011


I smiled at this challenge because I've belted every day with the exception of the first. I was wondering if there was a way that I could do it differently, but my mind drew blank. I decided to just wear whatever and hope I could belt it.

Day 5:But belts are so wonderful! You can belt up high or go low-slung. Wide or thin or super skinny. Color! Texture! Belts add instant interest to an outfit and they go with just about everything.

I agree that belts add something to an outfit that you don't know is missing until you belt it. I love belts and I have a whole bunch of them that I barely get to use. My outfit today had a very powdery look to it and I also had to keep it work friendly. This skirt is just the right length for work. Any shorter and eyebrows would skyrocket.

What I'm Wearing
Headband: Icing ($2)
Earrings: (old)
Cardigan: Gap ($6 thrifted)
Crop Top: AEO ($10)
High-Waisted Skirt: H&M ($7 eBay)
Leather Belt: (my sister's closet)
Oxfords: Bamboo ($10)
Jewelry: Forever 21 ($10 total)
TOTAL: $45

I think the belt does a lot in making this outfit. It adds shape where the cardigan would've taken it away. It also covers the centimeter or two of midriff that was exposed between the crop top and the high waisted skirt.

You May Also Like

0 comments