Chocolate Laced: Everybody Everywear - Mellow Yellow

by - Tuesday, July 12, 2011


I knew that I wouldn't have any time to do this during the week with camp, so I decided to wear my yellow a few days early. (That's not cheating, right? I'll still post this on Tuesday!) This is officially my first time participating in a Everybody Everywear style challenge. I found it while blog hopping and what a great find!

I brought the complimentary colors purple and yellow together with my head wrap and without looking like a Lakers fan (because I'm not!). My mother gave me the head wrap, which I chose to tie traditionally because a) I like it this way and b) it's the perfect go-to item when having a bad hair day! I'm getting my hair done on Saturday, so this entire week, my hair will be wrapped up because I don't feel like doing anything to it. My next outfit post will hopefully be on Sunday with my new 'do!

I love how the color yellow makes my skin glow!

What I'm Wearing

Head Wrap: (gift from Mom)
Earrings: Goodwill (gift from Mom)
Button-Up: (gift from Mom)
Belt: NYC Street Vendor ($1)
Pencil Skirt: H&M thrifted ($4)
Pumps: Rocket Dog Orient Pumps ($30)
Cuff & Bangle: yard sale ($2 ea.)
TOTAL: $39

This top was so troublesome. It's extremely short in the torso because it's a 4 in petites. I've had it since I was in high school, maybe even before then. I like the color but I despise the fit. This skirt made the shirt work, though. It may be a little tighter than I'd normally wear, but the skirt gave my body a shape that I rarely see! Are those hips?! (Just nod your  head slowly and agree with me...)

I bought the skirt from Plato's Closet and I was lucky because as I cashed out, the chasier told me that she had JUST put it out that same day. :) Lucky me!

I bought the bangle and the cuff that I'm wearing on Saturday. I was walking home and a neighbor was having a HUGE jewelry yard sale. Beautiful pieces but I liked the simplicity (and the price!) of these two.

You May Also Like

0 comments