Transform Your Maxi Dress to a Maxi Skirt!

by - Saturday, July 07, 2012









What I'm Wearing
Chandelier Earrings: ALDO ($4)
Necklace: H&M ($9)
Ring: (my sister's closet)
Cuff: F21 ($4)
Floral Tank: thrifted (gift)
Striped Maxi Dress (worn as Skirt): thrifted ($9)
Sequined Flats: Steve Madden (old)

I do this trick a lot. I have yet to purchase one maxi skirt (even though I really, really want one, I can never find the right one). So, just as I wear my dresses as tops (like I did here with my lace dress and here with my shift dress), I also wear my dresses as bottoms... this time using a maxi dress as a maxi skirt.

The thing is, this dress is a bit above my ankle when I wear it how it should be worn...making it not so maxi, so I like it better as a skirt because I can be in control of its actual length. All I do is pull it down to where I want it to be, belt it and I'm good to go. Nothing major, that way, if I ever want to wear it as a dress, I still can!

I decided to go the floral and stripes route while secretly wishing I was curvier so the stripes would accentuate my hips but, since I don't have any... hehe, I work with what I was given. :)

Oh! New hair! My cousin did it for me. She's really into hair, nails & makeup. Check out her YouTube page!


follow me|facebook|twitter|bloglovin|chictopia

You May Also Like

1 comments