What I'm Wearing
Mint Chunky Scarf: borrowed | Earrings: ALDO
Black Coat: H&M ($12)
Coral Blazer: thrifted ($4.50)
Zigzag Striped Top: River Island ($11)
Black Button Up Skirt: H&M ($7)
Black Tights: Express (gift)
Black Wedges: Charlotte Russe ($11)
JUST KIDDING! It is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT and almost impossible to pretend to NOT be cold when it's freezing.. I promise you, when I figure it out, I will share the wealth free of charge! Buuuut, for now, I do breathing exercises to help me keep calm in the cold... And I think of supermodels who take pictures in extreme weather conditions. Those ladies are pin thin and their pictures turn out heavenly. So, I try to channel their energy. Of course, it doesn't always work, but it's certainly worth the try!
I layer like it's no one's business, though. With this outfit, I had on double tights (a sweater pair and a very thick pair), and four layers on top (my coat, my blazer, my blouse, and a tank top underneath it). And even with all those extra layers of skin, I could still feel my blood freezing and my breath transforming from vapor to icicles. Albany is cold.
I'm officially discouraged from wearing skirts this season...at least until the weather goes above 30 degrees again (that's Fahrenheit!)
But, if any of you figure out how to pretend you're not freezing in 20 degree weather before I do, please, enlighten me!
Oh! I had the honor of being featured on Independent Fashion Blogger's weekly Links à la Mode! Check out the other wonderful posts! They are all certainly worth the read!
LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: JANUARY 24TH
- Attire Club: The Professional Way To Choose Colors For Your Clothes
- Chocolate Laced: 6 Ways To Use Pinterest for Style Inspiration
- Dress Code: High Fashion: The (Illustrated) History of Chloe Part 1/2: 1952-2001
- Fashion Moriarty: Galliano’s New Gig
- Fawkeshunter: Think Fast Fashion
- Girl Scout: White Here White Now
- I’m an Airhead: Practical Prom Part I: Practical.
- IFB: Your February 2013 IFB Conference Roster Revealed!
- Informed Style: Gehry Tiffany Rings
- Mis Papelicos: Building A Better Blog
- More Mascara Please: Mixing Patterns (Under $100 Challenge)
- Oh Seven Days: Hometown Talent – Malorie Urbanovitch
- Pardon My Fashion: Dark Triad
- Pinque Blog: So You Wanna Be A Fashion Blogger
- Runaway in LA: Quiz – Which Gossip Girl is Your Style?
- Style Curated: High Heel Shoes part I: Anatomy of the Heel
- The Girl With The Bun: 3 Hats To Top off an Outfit
- The Style Note: 12 Trends That Should Stay in 2012
- Two Take On Style: The Lowdown on Shapewear
- Undercover Dress-Up Lover: Bees