October Capsule Closet | Day 20 - Day 26 (Week 4)

by - Wednesday, November 06, 2019


Day 20


striped Cosby sweater, leopard skirt, vintage white blouse, puma gum sole sneakers

thrifted outfit with striped sweater, striped Cosby sweater, leopard skirt, vintage white blouse, puma gum sole sneakers
As the weather became progressively colder this month, creativity and layering became my only solace. On this day, I really prioritized warmth over everything.
thrifted outfit with striped sweater, striped Cosby sweater, leopard skirt, vintage white blouse, puma gum sole sneakers, winter headwrap thrifted outfit with striped sweater and leopard print skirt, striped Cosby sweater, leopard skirt, vintage white blouse, puma gum sole sneakers
Knit sweater, knit skirt, knit headwrap, knit socks. I felt like I literally tucked myself into this outfit. It was warm, it was comfortable and it was a new way to style stripes with leopard.
thrifted outfit with striped sweater and leopard print skirt, striped Cosby sweater, leopard skirt, vintage white blouse, puma gum sole sneakers

What I'm Wearing
Earrings - F21
Striped Sweater - thrifted
White Vintage Blouse- Petite Sophisticate (thrifted)
Knit Leopard Skirt - English Factory (thrifted)
Striped Socks - H&M
Sneakers - Pumas
see October Capsule Post for similar items


Day 21


Vintage oversized blazer, Zara pleated skirt, nude heels

Vintage oversized blazer, Zara pleated skirt, nude heels, restyle, vintage outfits, leopard print head wrap
Over the summer, I did a post on styling oversized blazers which opened me up to styling blazers differently. One of my new favorite ways to style an oversized blazer is by wearing it as a blouse.
Vintage oversized blazer, Zara pleated skirt, nude heels, restyle, vintage outfits, leopard print head wrapVintage oversized blazer, Zara pleated skirt, nude heels, restyle, vintage outfits, leopard print head wrap
I folded the lapel inwards and overlapped the front like a wrap dress. Cuffed the sleeves and pushed them up past my elbows & viola!
Vintage oversized blazer, Zara pleated skirt, nude heels, restyle, vintage outfits, leopard print head wrap

What I'm Wearing
Earrings - F21
Leopard Headwrap - H&M Scarf
Vintage Blazer (worn as blouse) - thrifted
Pleated Midi Skirt - Zara
Nude Heels - Jessica Simpson
see October Capsule Post for similar items


Day 22


Patterned blazer, vintage white blouse, nude heels

Patterned blazer, vintage white blouse, nude heels,
I love that everything in this outfit (minus the jewelry and shoes) is thrifted! I look for one pashmina scarf to use as a headwrap during every thrift trip. I'm starting to run out of storage space. 
Patterned blazer, vintage white blouse, nude heelsPatterned blazer, vintage white blouse, nude heels

Patterned blazer, vintage white blouse, nude heels

What I'm Wearing
Earrings - F21
Blazer - Rafaella (thrifted)
White Vintage Blouse - Petite Sophisticate (thrifted)
Braided Tie Belt - thrifted
Knit Ribbed Skirt - thrifted
Nude Heels - Jessica Simpson
see October Capsule Post for similar items


Day 23


Denim jacket, chambray top, floral top, little black dress, d'Orsay flats

Denim jacket, chambray top, floral top, little black dress, d'Orsay flats
This is a more relaxed and laid back look. I just realized that every time I've worn this dress, it has been as a jumper (with a shirt underneath). 
Denim jacket, chambray top, floral top, little black dress, d'Orsay flatsDenim jacket, chambray top, floral top, little black dress, d'Orsay flats
I'm not allowed to wear jeans (pants, skirts or dresses) to work unless it's a dress down day. The jacket and shirt are my silent rebellion of that rule.
Denim jacket, chambray top, floral top, little black dress, d'Orsay flats

What I'm Wearing
Earrings - F21
Ankara Headwrap - coming soon to CLB
Floral Denim Blouse - Loft (thrifted)
Denim Jacket - Sunrise Kingdom (Marshall's)
Black Dress - NY&Company (thrfited)
D'orsay Flats - DSW
see October Capsule Post for similar items


Day 24



Sometimes, my headwrap isn't as perfect as I want it to be. I did a blind tie of this wrap (no mirror) and didn't see the tassels handing out until after the shoot was over. I could have redone the shoot. I could have photoshopped them out. But life happens and sometimes there is no redo and there certainly isn't photoshop to fix our mistakes or undesirables. We can, however, learn to accept the things we cannot change and find beauty in them.
This faux fur is a late addition to my capsule. I had to do it. The average high his month is 60 degrees and the average low is 38. I just cannot do without a coat. And this one is cute. :)

What I'm Wearing
Earrings - thrifted
Faux Fur Coat - F21
Blouse - H&M
Wide Patterned Belt - thrifted
Velvet Pencil Skirt - boohoo
Nude Flats - Zara
see October Capsule Post for similar items


Day 25



The top half of this outfit really makes me want to replicate it with leather pants or a leather skirt. So sleek looking! The headwrap is a sateen fabric I purchased from Walmart. It's actually very difficult to tie, so I was very pleased that 1) I got it into a bow and 2) it stayed on.


What I'm Wearing
Earrings - gifted
Ankara Headwrap - coming soon to CLB
Wide Belt - NY&Company
Leather and Knit Jacket - maurices (thrifted)
Wide Leg Pants - f21
Black Heels - Zara
see October Capsule Post for similar items


Day 26



My weekend looks are drastically different than my work looks. If I had enough sweaters, the sweater/high waist jeans combo would be my weekend uniform. 


What I'm Wearing
Earrings - gifted
Denim Jacket - Sunrise Kingdom (Marshall's)
Striped Sweater - thrifted
High Rise Jeans - Levis (thrifted)
D'orsay Flats - Franco Sarto (DSW)
see October Capsule Post for similar items

You May Also Like

0 comments