Capsule Closet | October 2019

by - Tuesday, October 01, 2019

October capsule closet blog intro

As I mentioned in my comeback post, every season, I will have a capsult closet for a month. During this month, I also will not be spending any money on clothes. The idea is...if I'm going to limit myself to a specific set of items, my mind won't wander outside of those items and feel a 'need' to complete a look with something that I don't already own.

I was introduced to the idea of a capsule closet in my earlier blogging days when I did a November 30 by 30 inspired by Kendi from Kendi Everyday. However, 30 items is a bit too limiting for the life that I currently live, so I endeavored to keep it at 40 items or less... and I did! Here are my items for this month:

October capsule closet dress jumpsuit and sweaters
Striped Jumpsuit: Marshall's (similar) | Black Dress: thrifted NY&C (similar
Cropped Sweater: BCGCMAXAZRIA (similar) | Striped Cosby Sweater: thrifted

'October capsule closet tops
Black Tank: Express | White Button-Up: thrifted | White Box Top: thrifted
Printed Blouses: thrifted | Lace Blouse: borrowed | Asymmetric Blouse: H&M
Olive Box Top: Primark | Olive High-Low Top: Forever 21 | Printed Denim Button-Up: thrifted
Denim Button-Up: H&M
October capsule closet skirts and pants

Velvet Midi Skirt: boohoo | Knit Midi Skirt: thrifted (similar)
Paperbag Waist Skirt: thrifted Who What Wear (similar) | Printed Skirt: thrifted (similar)
Pleated Skirt: Zara (similar) | Tulle Skirt: borrowed Free People (similar)
October capsule closet jackets and blazers
Printed Blazers: thrifted (this month on CLB) | Structured Blazer: borrowed (similar)
Denim Jacket: Marshall's (similar) | Leather Jacket: thrifted (similar) | Denim Duster: Forever 21 (similar)

Nude Heels: Jessica Simpson (similar) | Burgundy Heels: Franco Sarto (similar) | Platform Sneakers: PUMA 
D'orsay Flats: Franco Sarto | Booties: Crown Vintage | Black Heels: Zara (similar
Nude Flats: Zara | Ballet Flats: (similar)


October 2019 capsule closet items
Stay tuned for the looks to come!

You May Also Like

0 comments