Naturally Naija : Incorporating Cultural Style

by - Friday, October 18, 2013












What I'm Wearing
Ankara Headwrap: gift from Mom
Earrings, Orange Ring + Teal & Gold Bracelet: ALDO | Necklace: diva.net.au | Brown Bracelet: Borrowed from mi amor
Teal Flower Ring: old | Ankara Flower Pin: DIY gift | Zebra Pin: gift from Mom
Linen Blazer UKFrenchConnection
Cream Blouse: H&M
Purple Pants: H&M
Teal Flats: Qupid from PacSun

I love being Nigerian and I love my culture and all the beauties that come with it. Especially Ankara fabrics and patterns.

The spice that these little Ankara accents (my head wrap and my flower pin) add to my outfit is on fire! I just wish I had more pieces that I could incorporate with my "everyday" clothing. Usually when I get a traditional outfit (dress or skirt & blouse), it's usually too over-the-top and extravagant for school or work.

One of the things on my bucket list is to learn how to sew... even if just using simple sewing patterns to create circle skirts and pants. Once I pick up and develop that skill, I will be unstoppable! *insert maniacal laugh* Mwahahahahahahahaha


follow me|facebook|twitter|bloglovin|chictopia

You May Also Like

0 comments